Support to the courses of the Machine Mechanics Group.
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 071 220 4418
In 2011, he attained his master’s degrees in Aerospace Engineering from Politecnico di Milano. In 2015, he attained his second master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Università Politecnica delle Marche. Since the month of November 2015 he has been attending the PHD Course in Industrial Engineering. In July 2016, he participated to the Student Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Challenge – Europe (SAUC-E) in La Spezia, Italy, at the NATO Undersea Research Centre (NURC), where the submitted bio-inspired project won the Innovation Award.
His main research interests fall within the following subjects:
- Swimming Bio-Mechanics – Study, simulation (by means of computational fluid dynamics tecqniques) and experimental validation (by using force measurements and flow visualizations) of propulsive mechanisms in marine biological systems
- Robotics – Underwater Vehicles mechanics: dynamic analysis, by means of multi-body simulation techniques, of underwater vehicles navigation. Design and manufacturing of bio-inspired AUVs.
- Educational Robotics – design and prototyping by means of additive manufacturing techniques (3d printing) of robotic fish adopted as a didactic tool to teach SRTEM subjects in Italian schools.
- Cooperative Robotics
- Scaradozzi, D., Palmieri, G., Costa, D., & Pinelli, A. (2017). BCF swimming locomotion for autonomous underwater robots: a review and a novel solution to improve control and efficiency. Ocean Engineering, 130, 437-453.
- Costa, D., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M. C., Callegari, M., & Scaradozzi, D. (2016, August). Design of a bio-inspired underwater vehicle. In Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications (MESA), 2016 12th IEEE/ASME International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Scaradozzi, D., Palmieri, G., Costa, D., Zingaretti, S., Panebianco, L., Ciuccoli, N., … & Callegari, M. (2017). UNIVPM BRAVe: A Hybrid Propulsion Underwater Research Vehicle. International Journal of Automation Technology (IJAT), 11(3), 404-414.
- Costa, D., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M. C., Panebianco, L., & Scaradozzi, D. (2018). Design of a bio-inspired autonomous underwater robot. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 91(2), 181-192.
- Costa, D., palmieri, G., Callegari, M., Scaradozzi, D., “Functional Design of a Biomimetic Flapper: Proceedings of the 4th IFToMM Symposium on Mechanism Design for Robotics”, 2018.
- Cossu, G., Sturniolo, A., Scaradozzi, D., Bartolini, A., COSTA, D., Caiti, A., Ciaramella, E., “Sea-trial of Optical Ethernet Modems for Underwater Wireless Communications”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, September 2018.
- Costa, D., Franciolini, M., Palmieri, G., Crivellini, A., & Scaradozzi, D. (2017, December). Computational fluid dynamics analysis and design of an ostraciiform swimming robot. In Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), 2017 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 135-140). IEEE.
- Costa, D., Palmieri, G., Callegari, M., Scaradozzi, D., Brocchini, M., Zitti, G. (2018 July). Experimental setup for the validation of the bio-inspired thruster of an ostraciiform swimming robot. In press.
- Scaradozzi, D., Zingaretti, S., Ciuccoli, N., Costa, D., Palmieri, G., Bruno, F., … & Tzifopanopoulos, A. (2018, June). Lab4Dive Mobile Smart Lab for Augmented Archaeological Dives. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 364, No. 1, p. 012054). IOP Publishing.
- Bartolini, A., Caiti, A., Ciaramella, E., Conte, G., Cossu, G., Costa, D., … & Sturniolo, A. (2016, September). OptoCOMM: Development and experimentation of a new optical wireless underwater modem. In OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Caiti, A., Ciaramella, E., Conte, G., Cossu, G., Costa, D., Grechi, S., … & Sturniolo, A. (2016, August). OptoCOMM: introducing a new optical underwater wireless communication modem. In Underwater Communications and Networking Conference (UComms), 2016 IEEE Third (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Scaradozzi, D., Pachla, P., Screpanti, L., Costa, D., Berzano, B., Valzano, M., “Innovative robotic tools for teaching STREM at the early stage of education”. Proceedings of the 10th annual International Technology, Education and Development Conference, INTED 2016, Valencia, Spain.