He graduated in Mechanical Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Marche in 2004; he obtained the Ph.D. degree in Intelligent Artificial Systems in Information Engineering, in Engineering Management and in Industrial Engineering in 2008; he has been a researcher in Machine Mechanics at the Department of Industrial Engineering and Mathematical Sciences of the Polytechnic University of Marche since 2008. He has been Associate Professor in Machine Mechanics since 2019. In 2019 he obtained the scientific qualification in the academic field 09/A2 of Applied Mechanics, needed to practice the profession of full professor. He is author of more than 60 scientific papers indexed Scopus and he is the co-inventor of two patents.
His research activity is carried out in the fields of Applied Mechanics and Robotics. Much of his scientific papers is devoted to the study of parallel kinematics machines, in particular to the kinematic analysis of manipulators, to the design and prototyping of their mechanical structure and control architecture. He gained advanced knowledge in the field of Bioengineering during a collaboration with the Engineering Department of King’s College in London, focusing his studies on rehabilitation robotics. Among the activities followed in his research group, he contributed to the development of national research projects on bioengineering and miniaturized robotics, and of European projects in the textile sector. He is currently involved in the following topics: collaborative robotics, the study and design of reconfigurable robots, micro robotised assembly, visual servoing of rigid and flexible robots and multi-body system dynamics.
- Costa, D., Scoccia, C., Palpacelli, M., Callegari, M., Scaradozzi, D., Design of a Labriform-Steering Underwater Robot Using a Multiphysics Simulation Environment, Robotics, 2022, vol. 11(1), 11 pages.
- Chiriatti, G., Palmieri, G., Scoccia, C., Palpacelli, M.C., Callegari, M., Adaptive obstacle avoidance for a class of collaborative robots, Machines, 2021, vol. 9(6), 13 pages.
- Scoccia, C., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M.C., Callegari, M., A collision avoidance strategy for redundant manipulators in dynamically variable environments: On-line perturbations of off-line generated trajectories, Machines, 2021, vol. 9(2), pp. 1–16.
- Stefano, B., Palpacelli, M.-C., An effective approach to model parallel robots with flexible links, Proc. of the ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference, 2021, vol. 7, V007T07A043.
- Chiriatti, G., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M.C., Collaborative Robotics for Rehabilitation: A Multibody Model for Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis, Mechanisms and Machine Science, 2021, vol. 91, pp. 431–438.
- Scoccia, C., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M.C., Callegari, M., Real-Time Strategy for Obstacle Avoidance in Redundant Manipulators, Mechanisms and Machine Science, 2021, vol. 91, pp. 278–285.
- Palpacelli, M.-C., Carbonari, L., Palmieri, G., Landini, E., Giorgi, G., Functional design of a 6-dof platform for micro-positioning, Robotics, 2020, vol. 9(4), 15 pages.