- Parallel Kinematics Machine
- Spherical platform
- Miniaturized assembly
This research activity was carried out within the national research program PRIN 2009 Micro Manipulation and Assembly MM&A, in collaboration with University of Brescia, University of Bergamo and ITIA CNR Milan.
The Machine Mechanics group was responsible for the design and implementation of a miniaturized orientation platform with 2 degrees of freedom, to be used in cooperation with a mini-manipulator for assembly operations of micro-scale components. The mechanical design led to the identification of a parallel architecture optimized to meet the required work space. In addition to the prototyping of the device, the research activity concerned the development of the control software, the calibration through vision system and the study of mechanical errors due to deformation of members and joints of the platform itself.
CAD model of the mini-platform
FEM structural analysis
- Palpacelli M., Palmieri G., Carbonari L., Corinaldi D., Sensitivity Analysis and Model Validation of a 2-DoF Mini Spherical Robot, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems: Theory and Applications, 91 (2), pp. 155-163, 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s10846-017-0679-2
- Palmieri G., Palpacelli M.-C., Carbonari L., Callegari M., Vision-based kinematic calibration of a small-scale spherical parallel kinematic machine, Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 49, pp. 162-169, 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.rcim.2017.06.008
- Palpacelli M., Palmieri G., Carbonari L., Corinaldi D., Sensitivity analysis of a mini pointing device, MESA 2016 – 12th IEEE/ASME International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications – Conference Proceedings, art. no. 7587173, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/MESA.2016.7587173
- Palmieri G., Callegari M., Carbonari L., Palpacelli M.C., Mechanical design of a mini pointing device for a robotic assembly cell, Meccanica, 50 (7), pp. 1895-1908, 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s11012-015-0132-1
- Palmieri G., On the positioning error of a 2-DOF spherical parallel wrist with flexible links and joints – An FEM approach, Mechanical Sciences, 6 (1), pp. 9-14, 2015. DOI: 10.5194/ms-6-9-2015
- Palmieri G., Callegari M., Carbonari L., Palpacelli M.C., Design and testing of a spherical parallel mini manipulator, MESA 2014 – 10th IEEE/ASME International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications, Conference Proceedings, art. no. 6935523, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/MESA.2014.6935523